Monday, June 2, 2008

June is here

June is one of my favorite months. So, I wait for it. I long for it. I plan events for this month, which makes me long for it to finally get here even more. I am now realizing how tragic this really is. There is so much more to this life than just this one month. Instead of enjoying the here and now, I cant wait for time to pass so another time will be here. This isnt just with the month of June, its with almost everything in life. The first day of summer, my birthday, the next time I will see certain amazing friends, christmas-time, getting a degree, getting a good job, moving out, getting married, having kids, vacations, etc. Contentment is a hard thing to have when there are so many other exciting things that will happen in life. Contentment is what I need and long for. Not just that, though. I need to start embracing the present and making the most of it. That way I wont be looking back at what I could have done or what I should have done. I want to do so much with my life and honestly if I keep wasting my time focusing on what is to come, I am never going to get all of it done.
So, here is to tonight, here is to new adventures, here is to making the future happen now, here is to living in the moment, here is to contentment that is exciting, here is to right now!
"If I am in a position to punish, chances are very good that I am also in a position to teach. Today I reduce the odds that punishment may be necessary by taking the opportunity to teach." ~Anonymous~

Total Pageviews