Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jared Hagemann

This is a pretty good article of what I am going to be talking about. So, please take a few minutes to read and then come back. 

I have been struggling with how to write about this, since I found out about this story. I feel like I have been keeping this from all of my friends in blog world, and that is not something I want to do anymore. I'm sure some of you have heard stories about this before. A man in the military, back from being deployed, suffering from PTSD, taking his own life. I have read a few stories like this, and have even prayed for the families of those people I had read about. This one though... This one was different. This story hit my heart like a ton of bricks. Let me explain why.

Jared went to school with me our senior year. Not only that, but we were good friends that year. We even went on a few dates and hung out at school a lot. We went to the movies with friends and would go 4-wheeling in his jeep. Sometimes my mind will go to thoughts of high school days and fun things I would do or say with my friends. Often times I will think of these friends and wonder where they are and what they are doing. Now I know what happened to Jared and it breaks my heart. Although I hadn't talked to or seen him since graduation 7 years ago, he was still a part of my life. I knew him for 1 year, a year that helped shaped me into the person I am today, a year that I will never forget.

All the talk of him being in the army and having PTSD, and what his wife is doing, it is all so important. I think though, people forget that he was someones son, brother, husband, daddy, friend. So please take a few more seconds to read this article and get to know a small part of the Jared that I will forever remember. The sweet, fun loving, joyful man that I knew and will always miss.

Jared Hagemann 
November 5, 1985 - June 28, 2011
"If I am in a position to punish, chances are very good that I am also in a position to teach. Today I reduce the odds that punishment may be necessary by taking the opportunity to teach." ~Anonymous~

Total Pageviews