Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jared Hagemann

This is a pretty good article of what I am going to be talking about. So, please take a few minutes to read and then come back. 

I have been struggling with how to write about this, since I found out about this story. I feel like I have been keeping this from all of my friends in blog world, and that is not something I want to do anymore. I'm sure some of you have heard stories about this before. A man in the military, back from being deployed, suffering from PTSD, taking his own life. I have read a few stories like this, and have even prayed for the families of those people I had read about. This one though... This one was different. This story hit my heart like a ton of bricks. Let me explain why.

Jared went to school with me our senior year. Not only that, but we were good friends that year. We even went on a few dates and hung out at school a lot. We went to the movies with friends and would go 4-wheeling in his jeep. Sometimes my mind will go to thoughts of high school days and fun things I would do or say with my friends. Often times I will think of these friends and wonder where they are and what they are doing. Now I know what happened to Jared and it breaks my heart. Although I hadn't talked to or seen him since graduation 7 years ago, he was still a part of my life. I knew him for 1 year, a year that helped shaped me into the person I am today, a year that I will never forget.

All the talk of him being in the army and having PTSD, and what his wife is doing, it is all so important. I think though, people forget that he was someones son, brother, husband, daddy, friend. So please take a few more seconds to read this article and get to know a small part of the Jared that I will forever remember. The sweet, fun loving, joyful man that I knew and will always miss.

Jared Hagemann 
November 5, 1985 - June 28, 2011

1 comment:

  1. Happened to come across your blog and wanted to thank you for sharing this wonderful photo of our sweet Jared! Thank you for reminding others that he was much more than his tragic ending...This photo is exactly how I want to remember him...Young, happy and free! Tomorrow is his birthday ~ and although he is not here with us, I am going to imagine him as that happy and joyful 18 year old who spent countless hours at my home sharing the same wonderfully warm smile that he has in this photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and to leave me wonderful comments! I LOVE your comments, and will do my best to respond back to you! Have a fantastic day!

"If I am in a position to punish, chances are very good that I am also in a position to teach. Today I reduce the odds that punishment may be necessary by taking the opportunity to teach." ~Anonymous~

Total Pageviews